Re: ACPI call for testing

On Nov 13, 2009, at 1:54 AM, David Huang wrote:
I have what may be a related problem on my Tyan K8WE system: An amd64 -current kernel with ACPI and MP (is disabling that even an option these days? I know it's not on i386; never checked on amd64) works fine. However, if I add ehci, it seems to work fine until I press a key on the PS/2 keyboard. Remotely ssh-ing in and doing things seems fine, a "systat vm" shows a usual amount of interrupts. However, once I press a key on the keyboard, the system gets incredibly slow. Even kernel output looks like I'm connected with a 300 baud modem. E.g., If I Ctrl-Alt-Esc to break into DDB, then do a "ps", I can see it output the characters one at a time. I have no idea what the interrupt rate is when it gets slow; it's slow enough that I can't log in on the console (maybe I could if I were willing to wait for a really long time), and a ssh session into the machine is effectively hung too.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the behavior seems to be the same either with or without this ACPI patch.

INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 33 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA + PL++