Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 08:24:43PM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
> wrote:
> > If the network protocol used to access the version control software
> > can cause an order-of-magnitude difference in the memory resources used
> > to check out from the repository, there's something deeply wrong with
> > either the design or implementation of the version control software in
> > question.
> >
> did you check how both protocol were working ? I'm not sure also to
> understand what you mean by "order-of-magnitude difference", which can
> be worth or better, good or bad, depending on your point of view.

I don't *care* how the protocols work -- anything that consumes
gigabytes of client RAM to check out a NetBSD tree is not really suitable
for production use.  Any software that suddenly consumes gigabytes of
RAM because someone was so foolish as to use a particular network
transport with it is not software I am interested in babysitting, on
client or server end -- it probably has other, similar design flaws I
will have to deal with later.

Thor