Re: updating without ldap and mdns

On 29/10/2009 12:42 AM, Alistair Crooks wrote:
If you modified build options and then did an update build, well,
you'll run into a number of problems, I should think.

Really? From what I have witnessed, at the end of the build there is an flist error and the unneeded files are listed but that's it.

From what I can see, the options merely exclude components from the build, is there something fundamentally integrated that I should be aware of with regards to the options I listed?

I've done two builds on two separate machines, one update and the other 'from-scratch' with no discernible difference. In both cases the target filesystem still ends up with more files than needed which could potentially cause me some package grief down the track, which is my primary concern.

Sarton