Re: mDNSResponder build failure on 64-bit platform (amd64)

On Oct 2, 2009, at 1:52 PM, David Laight wrote:

In which case whatever writes down that 64bit field can write it into
two 32bit values - and the 'packed' can be killed.

That may be viable... seems to be read/written two in only two places that I see.

Of course, if it is just a token that is psssed back I see certain
bugs on the horizon when code blindly assumes that the returned
value is one of the ones it sent :-)

Fortunately it appears to validate that the pointer (which is basically a closure to be called when a response arrives) is on the outstanding request list before calling it. And on looking closer, it's hard to tell if the pointer goes on the wire or not. In some places it uses the two uint32_t's as a 64 bit counter instead.

This could stand more investigation later, but as long as the build is/ can be fixed, I don't think it's urgent.