Re: pckbport: command timeout

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, David Young wrote:

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:13:14 -0500
From: David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost>
To: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: pckbport: command timeout

Maybe somebody recognizes this problem with pckbport in -current, and
knows what the cause is?

On my workstation, I have a USB keyboard, a USB mouse, and a PC keyboard
attached.  Starting X makes the system hang a few times, each time for a
few seconds.  The kernel logs this:

Aug 26 11:56:19 elmendorf /netbsd: pckbport: command timeout
Aug 26 11:56:19 elmendorf /netbsd: pms_enable: command error 35
Aug 26 11:56:31 elmendorf /netbsd: pckbport: command timeout
Aug 26 11:56:31 elmendorf /netbsd: pms_disable: command error

Thanks to a tip from Jared McNeill, I found that tapping Num Lock lets
the system run for a little while before it hangs again.  Once X has
started, the hangs stop.  Quitting X causes the system to hang, and
to log pckbport errors, at least once more before things are back to
normal.

Dave

Hmm I saw that too. I had a bogus (as in nonexistent) wsmouse0 at pms0
attached during boot and it obviously failed every attempt to
enable or disable. I thought its a hardware issue, but now it seems its
some kind of kernel bug?

--
Adam Hoka <Adam.Hoka%Gmail.com@localhost>
Adam Hoka <ahoka%NetBSD.org@localhost>