Re: frequent reconnects of an usb mouse

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 04:34:00PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> This is not happening if I use a different usb mouse.

I had quite a few mice break like that - usually the cable broke at the
entry into the mouse itself. I sometimes openend one, cut the last few cm
of the cable and soldered the (internal) connector again. Pretty simple and
made them work.

Not sure if that is your problem, but should be easy to test by using
the mouse temporarily on, say, windows. My mice were optical, so you could
easily watch them light up again on reconnect.

Martin