Re: Marvell SATA driver

> From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
> > >
> > > Please specify flags of wd(4) if you do not use DMA for a HDD in which
> > > you are.  see man wd(4).
> >
> > I'm not asking howto, but design.
> >
> > My question is:
> > "Is there any particular reason why do you choose a different method
> >  (i.e. #ifdef with options) from other ATA drivers to disable DMA?"
>
> The DMA of mvsata is different from pciide and wdc.  However, it becomes
> compatible wdc when operating only by PIO.  I think that the size of the
> processing of DMA is obstructive in this case.

Are you saying you choose different method (#ifdef or cf_flags)
because implementation is different? I don't see the particular point.

Internal implementation is invisible by user
but configuration is user visible, so I think
unified config(5) format among the similar devices
is useful for users. But if you don't think that's
a matter, I'll shut up.
---
Izumi Tsutsui