Re: OSX virtualbox 3 beta still dumps core on NetBSD 5.0 release .iso

2009/7/15 Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>:
> 2009/7/15 Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>:
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 04:06:09PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>>> What platform were you on which succeeded, and what image?
>>
>> I don't use VirtualBox. It was somebody on the #NetBSD IRC channel who
>> used a NetBSD/i386 5.0_STABLE image.
>
> Both NetBSD/i386 and NetBSD/amd64 5.0_stable work without issues so
> far on VirtualBox 3.02 hosted on Solaris Nevada (snv_104 ATM, can't
> upgrade it for other reasons).
>
> Networking also seems to work (wm0 and pcn0, bridged to nge).
>
> [ well, I was a bit quick on the above - mouse doesn't work out of the
> box with just 'startx', Xorg otherwise works. I'll test later ... ]
>
> I will try later -current as well.

i386 5.99.15 from 20090710 works fine. Xorg also, but is *very* slow -
screen updates are line-by-line... Mouse is OK.

Here you are. We won't know for the moment if this is because of
VirtualBox fixes (unless someone tries it with earlier version) or the
ACPI fixes for QEmu.

It did not work for me yesterday on OpenSolaris 32-bit host (obviously
no VTx/AMD-V extensions). The one I am running the tests now has them.

--
----
Milton Berle  - "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." -