Re: 5.99.15/amd64 resets (kernel panics?)

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 09:23:32PM +0000, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just to check if I'm the only one seeing that:
>
> I built 5.99.15/amd64 from sources around today 1300 UTC and installed it.
> A few minutes later, the remote connection reset.
>
> Later when I got home, I sat in front of the machine and created network
> and hard disk traffic + X; the machine reset a few times, always in a very
> short time frame (< 1h, usually less than 15 min).
>
> I had inserted a new hard disk today as well, so I took it out, but the
> resets happened nevertheless.
>
> I have ddb.onpanic?=0 in my sysctl.conf, so perhaps it's just a kernel panic.
>
> It also happened when I went back to my previously stable 5.99.14 kernel
> from 20090615 with the 5.99.15 userland; with and without the hard disk.
>
> I now went back to 5.99.14/20090615 completely (kernel and userland) and
> the resets stopped (even with the hard disk and heavy hard disk activity).
>
> Anyone else have trouble with -current right now?

Yep, same here. While, most of the time, there was a reset; i
encountered some cases where it was badly stuck (no ddb console
access) and needed a power cycle :-(

I just reverted the Ephemeral mapping commit, and was able to run
without any problem for a while ... I'm still crossing fingers.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2009/06/28/msg222717.html

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.