Re: many in-tree xorg packages updated

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:29:52PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> amd64 and i386 worlds build again.  i expect anything else
> with native xorg is non-trivially broken.
>
> i haven't yet attempted to run the new xorg-server.  i expect
> that it has more issues yet.
>
> as usual, please report here or send-pr any problems you see.

I updated my amd64 laptop, and encountered some problems.

1) Xorg -configure' does not work anymore due to missing
   `xf86GetPciVideoInfo' symbol.

root@nicodeme [~]# Xorg -configure
[...]
X.Org X Server 1.6.1.901 (1.6.2 RC 1)
Release Date: 2009-5-8
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: NetBSD/amd64  -
[...]
        wsfb
        vesa
/usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers//nsc_drv.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"xf86GetPciVideoInfo" (symnum = 395)

/usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers//vga_drv.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"xf86GetPciVideoInfo" (symnum = 35)

Some drivers modules does not seems to be able to access PCI with
libpciaccess ... At least nsc and vga suffer from this problem.

As a work-around, i removed the offending modules, and it started
working.

2) Trying to start the X server fails because of missing default `glx'
   module which does not exists anymore ...

root@nicodeme [~]# X -config /home/njoly/xorg.conf.new
[...]
X.Org X Server 1.6.1.901 (1.6.2 RC 1)
Release Date: 2009-5-8
[...]
(++) Using config file: "/home/njoly/xorg.conf.new"
(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)

From the corresponding log :

(II) "extmod" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in
the config file.
(II) "dbe" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in
the config file.
(II) "glx" will be loaded by default.
(II) "record" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in
the config file.
(II) "dri" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in
the config file.
(II) "dri2" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also specified in
the config file.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.