Re: NetBSD 5 STABLE wm0 panic

On May 19, 2009, at 1:44 AM, SAITOH Masanobu wrote:
Hello.

The bug had been fixed by if_wm.c rev. 1.173 on -current. It's not pulled up yet. I'm now working other bugs and will be pulled up all of them in near
future.

Hi there. I see that this was pulled up into netbsd-5 approximately Mar-21, but it looks like it has not been pulled to netbsd-5-0, even though other things pulled to netbsd-5 more recently have also been pulled to netbsd-5-0.

Does there need to be a specific request for this bug-fix to if_wm to be pulled into netbsd-5-0? I think that should be done.

I'm running off of bouyer's patch now, and it's working just fine, I'll rebuild a netbsd-5 kernel in the next few days and verify that that works, but I don't anticipate any issues...

  Thanks.

                - Chris

Okay. I was able to compile a GENERIC netbsd-5-0 kernel, and it fails in the same way. The addresses are slightly different than mentioned in my earlier post, but the same error clearly in the same place occurs. As there have been no changes in the netbsd-5-0 branch in the wm driver since netbsd-5-0-RELEASE, this should apply to that release as well.

Please, someone let me know if there's any more information I can provide. I am anxious to get this problem located and resolved so that I can update this machine, as the first of many 4.0 machines I plan to upgrade.

  Thank you.

                             - Chris