Re: -current is shafted

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:34:11AM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> On 27/05/2009 12:48 AM, Patrick Welche wrote:
> >On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 02:25:08PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> >>- httpd fails because semctl() is broken, so nxr.netbsd.org is down.
> >
> >So no one mentioned this one. In my case it was "you upgraded netbsd so
> >now you can't see your postgresql data". Recompiling postgresql allowed
> >me to run a database, but not to look at my old data. I got around it
> >with make new directory, unpack old base.tgz into it, chroot to it
> >(so use old libc which I think was the crux), run old postgresql,
> >pg_dumpall, load into new postgresql.
>
> With apache there was some libtool/apr related brokenness as well. Not
> sure which one specifically.

I think the brokenness with apr that you are referring to is that if you
update only apache you get a message:
Undefined PLT symbol "apr_socket_accept_filter"
and it is difficult to "upgrade" apr, because the version number of the
package isn't actually any different, even though it got built differently.
Then again, that is what I am seeing when upgrading from netbsd-4 to netbsd-5
so maybe the netbsd-5 -> netbsd-current problem is something different.

eric