Re: USB Touch Screen support ?

Joel Carnat said on 05/21/09 11:09:
Hello,

I just modded my EeePC 701 with an "Easy to Touch" touch screen set.
The whole new stuff seem to be recognised but now what ? :-)

The relevant dmesg part seem to be:
uhidev0 at uhub5 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: HID TOUCH HID Touch Panel, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 4, iclass 3/0
uhidev0: 3 report ids
uhid0 at uhidev0 reportid 1: input=0, output=0, feature=21
ums0 at uhidev0 reportid 2
ums0: X report 0x0002 not supported

Attached is the full output.

I read that I have to calibrate the touchscreen using some kind of
software. I have a CD that provides Windows and Linux drivers. According
to the dmesg, is the touch screen supported by NetBSD or do I have to
switch to some Linux distro ?

TIA,
   Jo

The touch screen is manufactured by the RISIN Technology Incorporation
(http://www.risintech.com.tw/). It may be worth sending them an email to
see if they have technical documentation that would allow a driver to be
written for NetBSD.

Regards,

Chris