Re: Call for testing: Attansic L1E

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Andreas Wrede wrote:
Great work! Thanks. I committed the driver to get more users/testers.

Is it possible to pull the driver plus the atphy up to 5.0? As it's rather late in the release cycle, it could be added commented out in the GENRIC kernel config file?

No, it's too close to release to pullup ale+atphy, but:

I added it to 5.0_RC4 by copying the files

sys/dev/mii/atphy.c
sys/dev/pci/if_ale.c
sys/dev/pci/if_alereg.h

from -current and applying the patch below (modulo make -f Makefile.miidevs and make -f Makefile.pcidevs).

I'll get the miidevs and pcidevs changes pulled up.

The only non-obvious pull-up would be revision 1.62 of sys/dev/mii/mii_physubr.c, which added the mii_anar() function used by the driver.

That's just been pulled-up to netbsd-5 to make testing ale(4) and atphy(4) easier.

--
Stephen