Re: Call for testing: Attansic L1E

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Kevin Lahey wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:05:02 +0100
"Christoph Egger" <Christoph_Egger%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

Izumi suggested improvements to the ale(4) driver some weeks ago
on this list. Please give them a try.

I implemented (most of) Izumi's excellent suggestions without managing
to fix the problem.  It turned out that m_devget(9) behaves differently
under NetBSD and FreeBSD;  removing the ETHER_ALIGN fixed the problem.
I've attached my not-very-tested fix (only if_ale.c needed changes),
which has been working okay on my 100Mb network for the last couple of
hours (and a gigabyte+ of traffic) at least.

Good catch!

It's _almost_ working for me, but I'm having problems with it negotiating correct media type.

Plugged into a 10/100 port, I get status active, but unless I configure 10baseT media, no traffic is sent/received (it negotiates 100baseTX with autoselect). Plugged into a 10/100/1000 port, I get no carrier when set to autoselect or 1000baseT, but it works when hardwired to 10baseT or 100baseTX.

This is all with ukphy.

--
Stephen