Re: spdmem fails to find all slots

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

Where did the spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50 go?

Did one of your DIMMs fail?

No. 2GB of ram is still shown while booting the kernel.

Hmmm. As I said, all four of my machines are still reporting all of their DIMMs with a -current 5.99.11 (sources as of just a couple hours ago). And nothing has changed in this area for quite some time.

The last change with even a remote possibility of impact was when I updated the I2C_SCAN code, but that's not usually enabled. That was back in early February.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |