Re: state or future of LFS?

Am Freitag 10 April 2009 schrieb Wouter Klouwen:
> AFAIK, in 5.0 it is dropped due to some kernel changes that no one wanted
> to feed through into LFS.
So this means there is no one interested further in LFS?

> I've used it on my 4.0 machine, on an external USB drive. It's been
> generally very stable and very quick. The only problems occur when the
> drive fills up, usually around 80%. These problems are crashes, but I've
> not seen any data loss.
> This is of course very limited experience.
hmmm,
but sounds interesting.

> I am not aware of anything available on any of the BSDs either. I did
> see something in FreeBSD about a geom journal facility, and apparently
> FFS has journaling now too, but hey, it's not logging.

Does this all means there is no one who is interested further in LFS because
the roadmap of FFS includes takeover of the "interesting" LFS  (o.o. like
ZFS) features sometimes in the future (or may be in 5.x)?

cheers,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---