Re: Updating from 5.99.01

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 08:18:09PM +0100, vincent wrote:

>> Are you using build.sh?  That should take care of everything for you,
>> including building new host tools like config.  (You'll find a
>> nbconfig in your tools directory.)
>
> I've done a build.sh tools. Does not help. Shall I make a general
> build.sh without installing to / and then use /usr/DESTDIR/usr/bin/
> config ? And then rebuild the whole userland anew ?

You should simply stop trying to run builds without using build.sh.

Not "run build.sh to X, and then Y".  You're going to keep getting
yourself in trouble that way.

Just "run build.sh to X and Y".

So, let's assume you have a kernel configuration named KAKOS.

Do this:

./build.sh distribution sets kernel=KAKOS
copy the built KAKOS kernel to / -- build.sh will tell you where it is.
reboot
go in RELEASEDIR -- /usr/src/releasedir* by default -- and find the
sets for your architecture.  for each set EXCEPT etc.tgz,
progress -z -e -f $i cat | (cd / ; tar xpf -)
then run postinstall -s etc.tgz fix

And you're done.  In the future, use build.sh kernel=AGATHOS (if your
kernel configuration happens to be AGATHOS) to build your kernel,
not "config" and "make".

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost