Re: `cannot mount root, error = 79' since upgrade

I wrote:

> Then, I ran a "./build.sh -u -D /usr/local/arena/i386 install=/" in
> /usr/src, and rebooted.  Big surprise: the "no file system for ld0" and
> "cannot mount root, error = 79" situation was back!

Turns out it was data corruption.  How it happened, I don't know, but
the "ffs.kmod" that was in /stand/... was smaller than it should be.  An
fsck while booted from CD revealed a number of problems with the file
system, and copying a good ffs.kmod into place solved the whole thing.

Weird.

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak