Re: `cannot mount root, error = 79' since upgrade

I wrote:

> Grumble.  The NetBSD 4.0.1 CD is unable to boot the Compaq Proliant
> DL360 G1.  [...]  Downloading a recent snapshot CD image from
> netbsd.org now...

Grumble again.  Found a NetBSD 5 RC2 ISO image, which booted fine, and
tried to "upgrade" my installation using it.  Unfortunately, my system
is on device ld0, with a second device ld1 for a data disk, and the
install system on that CD insists on installing to ld1 whether I choose
ld0 or ld1 from its menu -- and it fails, of course, since there is no
ld1a for it to upgrade my installation on.

I may have to set up a cross compilation environment on a VAX to build
NetBSD for this DL360, in order to get back to the reverse situation. ;)

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak