Re: OpenJDK binaries

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 17:05:33AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 11:03:33AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Well, you could create a package for my java binaries (or create "official"
> NetBSD 4, 5, and current binary sets, then install those in pkgsrc to
> satisfy the ant dependency.

I guess that was the other question, basically -  and now I'm hoping for
someone with enoughh pkgsrc fu to jump in and do just that ;-)

        Well, if someone can run up non-pkgsrc builds of Christos'
        openjdk port for NetBSD 4 and NetBSD 5 and put the .tbz up
        in http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/java/ then its
        trivial to make pkgsrc entries for them, which is probably
        fine for most people to just use as a jdk, and also a
        bootstrap jvm for a 'real' build-from-src pkgsrc entry...

        Anyone with spare NetBSD boxes and cycles to do that?
        (As the pkgsrc entry for the binary package at the end is
        the simplest part, I'll volunteer for that :)