Re: Call for testing "Attansic/Atheros L1 gigabit ethernet"

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:58:50PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday, I ported a driver for
> > Attansic/Atheros L1 gigabit ethernet device
> > to NetBSD.
> >
> > This age(4) driver needs more testing.
> >
> > In order to test it, add to the kernel config
> > file:
> >
> > age* at pci? dev ? function ?
> > atphy* at mii? phy ?
> >

> > Christoph
>
> Any chance this driver can be pulled into netbsd-5?

I will file a pullup request when people are happy with it.

> Ive been using it with CURRENT kernel last few days and
> it seems alright (aldo connection is cable internet up-link).

Nice to hear that.

I need some multicast test results with this patch:
http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/if_age_multicast.diff

Further, Jochen Kunz reports me network problems with age(4),
which he can't reproduce with fxp(4).
When he uses age(4) with nfs over udp, then processes accessing
nfs hang in state 'D'. With nfs over tcp, transfer is very slow.
In both cases, he gets 'watchdog timeout's.

I have no idea why and I also don't know if the bug is in nfs
or in age(4).

Christoph

--
Greetings,