netbsd-5 and NFS-booted ipfilter firewall

Hi,

On netbsd-5, my firewall hangs after installing NAT rules for ipfilter. The firewall is netbooted. Turn ipfilter off and the machine boots without interruption. Revert to netbsd-4 and everything works properly.

After reading a few threads that seem similar, I experimented with setting nfsd to run udp-only, but that didn't help.

Below is part of the boot messages. I'll try pf (again) but haven't had much luck in the past. Any help would be great,

Louis

nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
nfs_boot: DHCP next-server: 192.168.1.110
nfs_boot: my_name=xxx.xxx.xxx
nfs_boot: my_domain=xx.xxx
nfs_boot: my_addr=192.168.1.2
nfs_boot: my_mask=255.255.255.0
nfs_boot: gateway=192.168.1.2
root on 192.168.1.110:/export/isis/root
root file system type: nfs
Sun Feb 22 05:42:32 UTC 2009
Starting file system checks:
Setting tty flags.
Enabling ipfilter.
Setting sysctl variables:
net.inet.ip.forwarding: 0 -> 1
Starting network.
Hostname: xx.xx.xx
IPv6 mode: host
Configuring network interfaces: sip0 sip2.
Adding interface aliases:.
add net default: gateway xx.xx.xx.xx
Building databases: dev, utmp, utmpx done
Starting syslogd.
Installing NAT rules ... 0 entries flushed from NAT table
nfs server 192.168.1.110:/export/isis/root: not responding
Feb 22 05:43:21 isis /netbsd: nfs server 192.168.1.110:/export/isis/root: not responding