Re: Desktop NetBSD needs your help

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> For those new to NetBSD the early user experience can be poor. This is
> especially true when coming from a Windows/Mac/Linux background.

Are we drawing any inspiration from any of the currently successful
open source OS projects? Or is this going to have a flavor all it's
own?

I'll try to add my thoughts and support from over 10 years of
experience in getting NetBSD working to some extent on the desktop. I
honestly never put much thought into this, because after spending
(wasting?) my time with numerous other operating systems, and
generally learning what is good and isn't good, I've come to
appreciate what's already here in NetBSD.

But I don't think it's a bad thing to attract new users with a slick
installer. I might even use it myself.

Andy