Re: amd64 xen3_dom0 failing to boot - stalls (generic boots fine)

On Friday 06 February 2009 13:13:20 Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 10:22:21AM +1100, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> > Hi Manuel,
> >
> > Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> >>
> >> None is high here, but type 'c' and break again to see what number
> >> changed maybe. counters do wrap :)
> >> On a dual-core system where a device was producing a continous stream of
> >> interrupts, I had 150000 interrupts per second (the values in 'sh event'
> >> are counts since boot).
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion. Removing 'log' from all fstab entries and
> > ensuring all filesystems listed in a domu fstab are available has
> > allowed me to resume normal operation.
> >
> > While I'm bothering you though :) ... I seem to have that problem where
> > a domu with ID 1 (the first domu started) has no console available. The
> > domu is fine when accessed via ssh but requires a restart to be
> > available via xm console.
> >
> > I thought Christoph had fixed that problem?

No, this problem is not fixed. The detailed problem description is this:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2008/08/20/msg004155.html

The reason is, I got stuck in a dead-end. I need help from people who
know the internals of a pty. The issue makes select(2)
looking to be broken, but I don't believe in this. If select(2) were really
broken, we would have a lot of other problems as well.

> I think so, and I didn't notice this issue myself either

... because you still use Xen 3.1 ?

Christoph