Re: does anyone else get a core dump from ldconfig when booting amd64-current?

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 03:15:19PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> Every time I reboot, I end up with /ldconfig.core. gdb doesn't like it,
> so I'm not sure what to do about it, other than to ask here whether I
> have something misconfigured or whether I should file a pr.
>
> htodd@amttest:/etc/mail > sudo file /ldconfig.core
> /ldconfig.core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
> NetBSD-style, from 'ldconfig' (signal 10)

I do see similar behaviour with every -current 32-bit binaries,
compiled with `cc -m32', on my up-to-date amd64 machine.

njoly@lanfeust [~]> echo "int main() { return 0; }" >dummy.c
njoly@lanfeust [~]> cc -m32 -o dummy dummy.c
njoly@lanfeust [~]> file ./dummy
dummy: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD 5.99.7, not stripped
njoly@lanfeust [~]> ./dummy
zsh: bus error (core dumped)  ./dummy
njoly@lanfeust [~]> echo $?
138

But only with dynamically linked programs, static ones works
flawlessly.

njoly@lanfeust [~]> cc -m32 -static -o dummy dummy.c
njoly@lanfeust [~]> file ./dummy
dummy: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), statically
linked, for NetBSD 5.99.7, not stripped
njoly@lanfeust [~]> ./dummy
njoly@lanfeust [~]> echo $?
0