Re: CVS commit: src/lib/libc/time

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost said:
> I'm fairly sure that many (all?? - it has been pretty extensively
> torture  tested) of the corner cases of large time_t's have been dealt
> with in tzcode - it was modified to allow 64 bit time_t's (and even
> non integral time_t's) some time ago.

Is there some publicly archived mailing list or so where
one could follow development?

> I'd suggest incorporating tzcode2009a

Agreed - just had a look at 2008h and it seems
to deal correctly with the problems I had seen.
It does some things at runtime which could be
done more efficiently. Don't know whether
mktime()/localtime() are used a lot in database
applications where it would matter. In any case
it would be better to optimize the new one than
to hack our old version to death.

Any takers?

> Aside from that, the current (tzcode2008h) is likely to have far fewer
> obscure corner case bugs than the current NetBSD implementation (tzcode2006?)
> exhibits.

According to doc/3RDPARTY the NetBSD version is 2004a.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt