Re: driver for Ricoh R5C832, R5C843 SD Host Controller

Brook Milligan wrote:
I would like to use the 1394 interface on my Thinkpad X61.  The kernel
probes the device as:

     vendor 0x1180 product 0x0822 (SD Host Controller system, revision 0x21) at
pci3 dev 0 function 2 not configured

As far as I can tell, this chip is documented at

     http://www.aeneas.com.cn/PDF/Ricoh/2005/R5C832E1[1].00.pdf

but I cannot find much in the way of drivers.

Does anyone know of drivers for this chip?  Is anyone working on
NetBSD support?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Brook --

The part you reference is not the 1394, but for the SD card reader. The 1394 controller should show up as so (from a T61, running 5.0):

fwohci0 at pci6 dev 0 function 1: vendor 0x1180 product 0x0832 (rev. 0x04)

You may need to add the PCI_ADDR_FIXUP and PCI_BUS_FIXUP options to your kernel config for these devices to function properly.

Cheers,
Jared