Re: panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:21:12 +0000 (UTC)
christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> In article <20090110122012.59b80668%laphroaig.nordlund@localhost>,
> Lars Nordlund  <lars.nordlund%hem.utfors.se@localhost> wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >Hand-copied from screen:
> >
> >dmode 8000 mode 8000 dgen 504d64d6 gen 504d64d6
> >size 0 blocks 0
> >ino 3 ipref 8
> >panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
> >fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
> >trap type 1 code 8 eip c02369c4 cs eflags 246 cr2 bbb99660 ilevel 8
> >Stopped in pid 5416.1 (mkdir) at   netbsd:breakpoint+0x4: popl %ebp
> >
> >This happened on NetBSD-current from 2009-01-08 on my i386 UP machine
> >while building some stuff from pkgsrc.
> >
> >For some reason NetBSD can not boot with a PS2 keyboard attached, so I
> >can not do anything at the moment at the ddb-prompt. I suppose
> >crashdump is the only way forward.
> >
> >Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Can you force an fsck on that filesystem and then try to reproduce it?

Ok.

pkgsrc is having lots of problems with the pkgdb in /var after the
crash in the middle of the build, so progress has been slow today. I
finally gave up and deleted /var/db/pkg* and restarted. Basically, the
broken db caused pkg_info and related tools to core-dump, causing the
build to stop. I have not looked too closely at this.

Just took the machine to single user and did 'umount /usr; fsck /usr'.
I was a bit surprised to see that fsck thought the fs was dirty.. It
found FREE BLK COUNTS WRONG IN SUPERBLOCK, which I let it fix.

Anyway, I have set it to crashdump the next time it panics.

Best regards,
        Lars Nordlund