Re: Where's my eeepc900 uvideo hiding?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Anders Lindgren wrote:

Revisiting an old thread[0] and the NetBSD notebook page, I noticed that some people's eee900 webcam got attached as uvideo(4) in august already. The notebook page also claims it will be supported in 5.0. On my (previously 4.99.72, now 5.0_BETA, yey!) eee900 however, I can't recall even seeing any unconfigured usb device that might be the camera, much less any uvideo devices.

Do I need some kind of eeepc uvideo patch? I noticed the "uvideo_attach: non uvc descriptor" in the dmesg linked below and started wondering if there might be a device id patch of sorts involved somewhere. Or should I start to worry? :-)

Have you enabled it in the BIOS? On my 701, it was disabled by default. On the 900A, it was enabled. I don't know about other models.

--
Stephen