Re: Problems with NetBSD 5.0 BETA

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:13:57 +0200
Tero Kivinen <kivinen%iki.fi@localhost> wrote:

> First problem is that when I try to compile the NetBSD I get
> segmentation fault - internal compiler errors on different files when
> compiling.
Your memory is broken. This is the typical symptom of RAM biterrors.
I use heavy, memory intensive compile jobs as load test for RAM modules
of unknowen reliability.

Though: At one time I had damaged characters in files leading to
compile errors. (syntax errors) In this case it was a loose contact in
the PATA cable.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen