Re: HEADS UP: I will be merging christos-time_t by the end of the week

In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.0901041816300.17333%quicky.whooppee.com@localhost>,
Paul Goyette  <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
>On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> I've compiled and I am running the branch on amd64 and i386, and
>> I've committed all the userland changes required, except:
>>
>> - kernel, full compatibility provided, via COMPAT_50.
>> - headers
>> - libc, provide compat, no bump
>> - libutil, provide compat, no bump
>> - pwd_mkdb, add version record.
>> - all (most) the rest of the libraries get bumped
>
>Will we need to re-run pwd_mkdb when we install?  If so, will it be
>possible to have postinstall do it automagically?

It does not matter; libc understands both formats. The bigger issue
is utmp, where we try to figure out what version we have with a heuristic
(utmpx version has been bumped).

christos