Re: Ideas about an analog-to-digital converter API

gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:

>Another difference with audio is that it should be easy for a program to
>say "grab a sample now and tell me what it is", or "sample at precisely
>this time".  audio is more periodic and not so well connected to real
>time.

Asking for a single sample can be simply done by reading a single
sample from the channel (and probably setting some buffer size to
one sample).

But this doesn't sound very 'real time' to me. For this you need
to pass a precise timestamp associated with one or more samples to the
program.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost