Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/i386/stand/lib

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 09:45:45PM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
> On Apr 1,  5:45pm, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> }
> } And you are picking on this, where the code is simple and the changes
> } are merely syntactic, while there have been a huge amount of changes in
> } the rest of the kernel? We cannot really stand still and wait for
> } the release for 6 months or more. We just need to be responsible to
>
>      I agree that we can't stand still (we've been slowed for too long
> already).  In fact, I plan on adding a driver soon which hopefully can
> be pulled up.  However, cosmetic changes are more like moving sideways
> (although they can clear the way for forward changes) then moving
> forwards and aren't generally a problem if they wait a significant
> length of time.

I am pleased by this contribution of Christos'.  Since he does his own
pullup work I can't see how anyone has any leg to stand on complaining.

I am not entirely sure you are in a position -- particularly not a better
position than Christos -- to declare what is "moving sideways" or
"moving forwards" for NetBSD.  Of course that is just my opinion.

Thor