Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/i386/stand/lib

In article <200812150529.mBF5TFfP005724%vtn1.victoria.tc.ca@localhost>,
John Nemeth <jnemeth%victoria.tc.ca@localhost> wrote:
>On May 6,  4:15pm, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>} On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 03:26:50PM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
>} > On Apr 1,  5:11am, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>} [...]
>} > } Log Message:
>} > } ANSI and KNF from Anon Ymous
>} >
>} >      Why are we doing stuff like this while in release mode?
>}
>} There is a release branch.  Christos did not commit the change you
>} quoted above to the release branch -- but you knew that, right?
>
>     Um, yes, I saw that.  However, cosmetic rototills are generally
>frowned upon at release time.  Even on head, since they can complicate
>pullups should they be necessary.

And you are picking on this, where the code is simple and the changes
are merely syntactic, while there have been a huge amount of changes in
the rest of the kernel? We cannot really stand still and wait for
the release for 6 months or more. We just need to be responsible to
maintain the changes we make. And I hold myself responsible for any
pullups that involve changes I've made.

christos