Re: kernel panics with uvideo, savecores and coredumps

Christoph Egger wrote:
> Christoph Egger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can reproduce kernel panics when two
>> programs (mplayer and ekiga) *simultanously*
>> try to access my webcam.
>>

>> In ddb I do "call dumpsys" or "sync" and reboot
>> blindly (I'm in X when the panic happens).
>>
>> On reboot, savecore prints things like
>>
>> panic: kmem_poison_check  x != y  (where x and y are numbers)

More details on this panic:

panic: kmem_poison_check: 0xffff80004e98e1a0: 0x50 != 0x1a

db{1}> bt
breakpoint() at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5
panic() at netbsd:pani+0x260
kmem_poison_check() at netbsd:kmem_poison_check+0x82
kmem_alloc() at netbsd:kmem_alloc+0x58
amap_alloc() at netbsd:amap_alloc+0x111
amap_copy() at netbsd:amap_copy+0x34a
uvM_fault_internal() at netbsd:uvm_fault_internal+0xe53
trap() at netbsd:trap+0x817
trap (number 1191182377)
0x3830303220332e31:
db{1}> mach cpu 0