Re: Current on a Dell OptiPlex 760

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Mark Davies wrote:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 08:36:03PM +1300, Mark Davies wrote:
1) When you "halt -p", file systems unmount, kernel prints

        acpi0: entering state 5
but it never powers off.

If you boot single user and then do "sysctl -w
machdep.acpi.sleep_state=5", does it power off?

Yes it does.

I'm having the same problem with 5.0_BETA on an EeePC 900 (and so is Jared on a 1000HA). With Jared's patch (tweaked slightly to display acpiec_cold just before "acpi0: entering state 5") I get no improvement (acpiec_cold is true when running halt -p). If I set machdep.sleep_state=5 then it looks to have powered down at first glance (screen goes off - acpiec_cold is false), but the power light and wifi light are still on.

--
Stephen