Re: fonts with native Xorg

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:34:30 -0500
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > On a machine with native xorg and -current from a few days ago, some
> > fonts don't render properly in my browser.  More precisely, there
> > are sites I can visit where pages look significantly different with
> > native xorg than with pkgsrc xorg, on the same hardware.  I suspect
> > that the issue is related to add-on pkgsrc fonts, but I'm not
> > certain.  I have added several directories via 'xset fp+', and I've
> > run 'fc-cache -f'. Anything else to try?
>
> When you switched to native xorg did you remember to install the
> xetc.tgz package? Is /etc/fonts fully populated?

The problem turned out to be /etc/fonts/fonts.conf -- it
listed /usr/share/fonts (a directory I don't think NetBSD has).
Changing it to /usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts and rerunning 'fc-cache -f'
restored things to normal.

Obviously, /usr/share/fonts is a bug.  Should my fix be the default?
Should I send-pr?  (My copy is from a system I built on 11 Nov.)