iwn and Intel PRO/Wireless 5100AGN

Hi,

I have been trying to hack iwn (in a hopelessly convoluted way) in
order to add support for the Intel PRO/Wireless 5100AGN adapter.  This
is on a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 running NetBSD/amd64 5.99.02.

What I have been trying to do is to load a different firmware
(iwlwifi-5000-ucode-5.4.A.11.ucode, which I placed manually under
/usr/pkg/libdata/if_iwn/) [1], but iwn complains saying that the
firmware header is invalid.  From dmesg:

iwn0: invalid firmware header
iwn0: could not load firmware
iwn0: could not lock memory
iwn0: could not lock memory

Linux has a driver [1].

In addition to the wifi adapter not working, bluetooth is no longer
recognized since I modified iwn.

My modifications and the output from dmesg are attached.

I am utterly inexperienced in kernel and system programming, but would
appreciate any help in getting the wifi adapter to work.

TIA,

Pouya D. Tafti

[1] <http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=downloads>