Re: Please read if you use x86 -current

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Havard Eidnes wrote:
Should one
have a separate "install-modules" keyword?

I guess this depends if modules are considered to belong to the kernel or not. If so, If modules are considered to belong to a particular kernel, then they should be built and possibly installed with the kernel (-> kern.tgz) If they are not considered to belong to a particular kernel, they should be in base.tgz or so.

Considering an upgrade scenario that's safe for 2 years, I'd opt for the former. (=> /netbsd/*)

 - Hubert