Re: Please read if you use x86 -current

tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost (Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:

>On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 02:57:53PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, David Holland wrote:
>>> So, what do you do if you want a system entirely without POSIX
>>> semaphores? It looks as if you have to patch the source to avoid
>>> building the module.
>>
>> no options MODULAR ?

>What if (as I suspect David meant) I just want to exclude *some*
>modules?

related question: what happens if the module is not available?

I'd prefer if the kernel checked at boot what modules there were,
and only used those unless explicitly told otherwise, and the latter
telling only possible if the securelevel or some other flag allowed it.

regards,
        spz
--
spz%serpens.de@localhost (S.P.Zeidler)