Re: flist issues on sparc

Hello,

On Oct 31, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Adrian Portelli wrote:

Kurt Schreiner wrote:
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:40:28PM +0100, Adrian Portelli wrote:
Hi,

On trying a XORG build on sparc I'm seeing:

=======  262 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?

And the build fails.  The files are under:

./usr/X11R7/bin
./usr/X11R7/lib/modules
./usr/X11R7/man

This is from a clean build on both HEAD and netbsd-5.  Anyone else
seeing this ?
Yep, same here cross-building for sparc on amd64...

Kurt

Yeah, funnily enough that exactly what I'm doing :)

amd64, i386 and sparc64 all build OK. It just looks like sparc has some
issues.

That's because it's untested, unsupported and requires a wscons kernel just like XFree86 did before. Also, the only useful driver is suncg6. It may just work though and if you have some sort of cg6 graphics board there's everything you need in the source tree.

have fun
Michael