Re: WAPBL on multicore, 1 (ONE!) process...

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 01:05:16AM +0100, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> 1) Plain "build -j 16" on a WAPBL FS:  2 hours 19 minutes
> 2) As 1) but with a "while true; do sync; sleep 1; done" loop
>    running in parallel: 22 minutes
> (...)

I had problems reading this as I'm so used to the ksh's builtin
time ... which puts 'real' time first. Anyways, I remembered that
you had speeded it up with a while :; do sync ... loop and tried
that too. It made no difference aside of a little burst of throughput
at the beginning (first 2 or 3 seconds).

My problem in testing this is that I only have access to that machine
during work time and I'm generally not amused to spend my worktime with
waiting on results (which is why I was given that machine in the first
place), so I'm unlikely to testdrive much on this box :(

Regards,

-Martin