Re: NetBSD network speed under VMware ESXi

Le Lun 27 octobre 2008 23:06, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:03:02PM +0100, Joel Carnat wrote:
>> Does NetBSD support 100Mb/s as a VMware Virtual Machine ?
>
> There is a switch for VMware Server at least to get Intel EtherExpress
> emulation. You might need to change the .vmi file by hand though.

I added 'Ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"' to the .vmx file and the
interface is now known as wm0, Intel i82545EM 1000BASE-T. The FTP transfer
is about the same, but seems a bit less constant - probably an issue with
my Kurobox.

Le Lun 27 octobre 2008 23:15, Matthias Scheler a écrit :

> ftp(1) (and any other FTP client) is not an appropriate network
> benchmark.
> Especially not under VMware because the disk access is slow (at least in
> my experiences with my VMware server).
>
> Please use a more appropriate tool like "ttcp" or "netio" which are both
> available in "pkgsrc".

Yeah, this was just a quick&dirty look just after a bare install.
Now that those numbers gave me hope, I'll try using correct benchmark tools.

Thanks both.
Regards,
    Jo