Re: Strange system behavior

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, David Holland wrote:

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:01:07PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
I've been noticing something lately that's really odd...
[...]
        pckbport: command timeout
        pms_enable: command error 35
        pckbport: command timeout
        pckbport: command timeout
        pms_disable: command error
        pckbport: command timeout
        pms_enable: command error 35

PR 25208? 36871?

Yeah, 25208 looks pretty similar with same conditions - PS2 KB, but no mouse. Martin Huseman made the comment that "the problem is that the pckbc @ acpi attachment eroneously allows the pms* @ pckbc? to attach, even if the 'aux slot' part of its acpi part has not attached." The solution there was "adding ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV and plugging in a keyboard and mouse", so I guess I need to go find an old PS2 mouse.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |