Re: /usr/obj/gnu/lib/libiberty/libiberty.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Christos Zoulas wrote:

Well, it should be linking against libiberty_pic.a ... I don't think that
making libiberty.a PIC is a good idea. Or just create libiberty.so and
be done with it.

Two questions:
  - Is libiberty_pic.a even built? it seems .../libiberty/Makefile
    defines NOPIC.

  - Even if it is built, are we missing logic in
    .../gnu/usr.bin/binutils/common/Makefile.prog to use it? (see
    similar logic for libbfd and libopcodes.)

-e.