Re: stability and resulting file system problems

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 02:19:10PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I updated my -current/amd64 kernel on Friday.
> After a short while, all file system access seems to have been
> blocked. I could switch windows in screen, but not open new shell
> windows. I could only open remote connections with 'ssh host bash',
> not with 'ssh host' (which would have used bash as login shell).

I just had a problem with a new filesytem which I synced from
one machine to another. First some files only showed up as data
and contained only zeros.
At that point I tried to sync the files again and got a panic:

/home/source: bad dir ino 1748105 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: bad dir
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode

After the reboot and a fsck I lost the 10GB in that filesystem.

What do I need to do to disbale wapbl on a existing filesystem?

I never lost so much data, so I don't want to play with wapbl
right now.

Thats with a 4.99.72 kernel from the 30.9. build.

Bernd