Re: WAPBL and replaying log

"Sarton O'Brien" wrote:

> On Friday 10 October 2008 14:37:13 Sarton O'Brien wrote:

> > > That was obviously meant to be WAPBL ...
> >
> > Looking at iostat while running fsck, it appears that it may in-fact be
> > doing something ... just very slowly.
> >
> > I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>
> As I'm not sure as to whether this will work, it's been sitting on replaying
> log for some time now, would using:
>
> tunefs -l 0 /dev/vnd0a
>
> Allow fsck to revert to checking with no log? or is a successful mount
> required?

That will just tell the WAPBL code to disable the log next time, but
will still try to replay the journal at next mount.

> I thought I'd ask before completely destroying the image :)

A couple of things to try first:

 - Mounting read-only should just replay the journal to memory instead
   of to disk.  That should at least indicate if the journal itself is
   corrupt or not.

 - Fsck also knows how to replay the journal if you give it the -f flag.
   I don't know if -n will replay to memory like a read-only mount does.
   You could try "fsck -n -f ..." first or just "fsck -f ...".

Cheers,
Simon.