Re: hang on revivesa with dual core CPU

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Bill Stouder-Studenmund wrote:

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 12:19:07PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
        I've been testing a current revivesa kernel (built from
        sources updated today) on several NetBSD 4.0_STABLE installs,
        and everything seems to be happy on the single core boxes
        (firefox3, gnash, pidgin, ktorrent3, apache, etc), but I've
        seen several hard lockups when running on an MP box (Thinkpad
        T60p Intel Core 2 T7400).

Have you tried this with the -current libpthread and update recepie?

        I did, but apps failed with
        /usr/lib/pthread/libpthread.so.0: Undefined PLT symbol
"_atomic_swap_ptr"
        Joerg passed across a tarball which should build under NetBSD 4.0,
        which I'm going to try next

A lot of stuff changed in -current, and the MP hangs could be unrelated to
SA specifically.

Alternatively, some ddb debugging should be able to figure out what's
wrong.

        Unfortunately it hangs hard, so I cannot get into DDB :(
        (This is with ttyE0 visible when it hangs)