looking for more docs on envstat / envsys.conf

I want to have my system log (and maybe alert me) when it reaches a
certain temperature.

I have:

tx:reed$ dmesg | egrep 'amdtemp|acpitz'
acpitz0 at acpi0 (TZCR): active cooling level 1: 41.8C critical 102.0C
amdtemp0 at pci0 dev 24 function 3
amdtemp0: AMD CPU Temperature Sensors (K8: core rev BH-G1)

tx:reed$ envstat -d acpitz0
temperature:     78.000 degC

tx:reed$ envstat -d amdtemp0
CPU0 Sensor0:     75.250 degC
CPU0 Sensor1:     75.250 degC
CPU1 Sensor0:     73.750 degC
CPU1 Sensor1:     74.000 degC

I see the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_temperature script will log for:
normal state entered, critical state entered, dropped below critical
limit, critical limit exceeded, dropped below warning limit, and warning
limit exceeded.

I have nothing like these logged. I also don't have powerd running.

I am looking at "envstat -x" output, example /etc/envsys.conf, envstat(8),
powerd(8) and envsys.conf(5) manual pages.

Can you please share examples of configuring envsys conditions and scripts
(in particular temperature would be helpful)?

Or please point me to any further guides/howtos on using this.

Note I do use powerd with lid_switch on another system.

By the way, how can I find the critical and other values for my amdtemp0?

Thanks!